|Posted on May 4, 2017 at 3:55 PM|
Dear Budlong Families,
Spring is finally here, well, maybe... we hope the weather brings more sunshine soon, but until then, please be sure to send your students to school dressed in layers so that our students can take advantage of good weather we do get, and go outside for recess.
It is teacher appreciation week! Ms. Bruno and I have had a blast visiting all the classrooms to say how much we appreciate all the staff, and all that they do every day, for our students and community. Please join me in saying thank you!
And our friendly neighbors at Vineyard Church brought a wonderful doughnut mid day treat to us yesterday. There's no better way to snack on a Wednesday. Thank you
Yesterday, today, and Friday are our annual Olympic Days. Yesterday, our 3rd-5th graders participated, and today it's the kinder through 2nd grades. My team, The Nakayama Ninjas, are fierce competitors On Friday our 6th-8th graders will compete. Be sure to send your child to school in his team colors, with a lunch and water bottle.
Today is the last day of BEST, our after school program. Please do plan accordingly.
I know we have all heard the good news that school will continue through June 20, as originally scheduled. Therefore, please be sure to mark these important end of the year dates on your calendar:
· May 9- LSC meeting at 7:45 am
· May 12- CHIME Family Performance @ 9am
· May 15- FOB meeting @ 5pm
· May 18- BAC and PAC Meeting @ 7:45am
· May 19- 4th Quarter Progress Report Distribution
· May 23- NWEA & Map Testing starts
· May 26- Mother & Son Dance @ 6-8pm (Please note this is a DATE CHANGE)
· May 29- Memorial Day- NO SCHOOL
· June 1- 8th Grade Algebra Exam
· June 1- Art Gallery Walk begins
· June 2- Budlong under the Stars @ 4-8pm
· June 6- BAS Reading Testing for kinder
· June 7- BAS Reading Testing for 1st grade
· June 9- Budlong Meets Broadway Show @ 2pm
· June 12- 6th-8th Grade Awards Assembly @ 9am (award recipients will receive invitations for family)
· June 13- LSC Meeting @ 7:45am
· June 13- 3rd-5th Grade Awards Assembly @ 9am (award recipients will receive invitations for family)
· June 14- 8th grade luncheon
· June 14- K-2nd Grade Awards Assembly @ 9am (award recipients will receive invitations for family)
· June 15- BAC-PAC-FOB Meeting @ 7:45am
· June 19- 8th Grade Graduation @ 9-11am
· June 20- Kinder Graduation @ 9-11am
· June 21- Summer Vacation starts, NO SCHOOL
Please know how much we all appreciate all that our families do to support Budlong. From chaperoning to cutting out letters and decorating bulletin boards, to helping in the office, every little bit of your time and effort here is noticed, and so very needed.
Categories: PRINCIPAL'S LETTER