Save the Date!
Father & Daughter Dance: Friday, February 9, 6-8pm
$15 Advance / $20 at the door.
RSVP forms coming soon in backpack mail!
Brrrr, and Happy New Year! I hope everyone is enjoying winter break, and resting, relaxing and enjoying time with loved ones.
Congratulations to all our students who won prizes in our annual attendance raffle on 12/22 (see attached pictures). Strong attendance is the first step in being a great student. Let’s make our attendance rate for the second half of the school year even higher!
School re-opens on Monday, January 8, and before we head back, here is some information to know:
· Congratulations- to Art Teacher Linda Cohn and Theater Teacher Teresa Horney and everyone who worked on the Creative Schools Grant. We are the recipients for the 2017-2018 grant which awarded us FULL support for our program. Dance with Class will work with our seventh and eighth graders.
· Access Testing (for English language learners)- begins January 16th and runs through February 9th.
· MAP Testing (for 2nd – 8th graders)- begins January 8th to January 12th.
· OST After-School Program- Second semester reconvenes February 5th through May 2nd. Applications will be sent home in January.
· Progress Reports will be sent home with students on Monday January 8th.
· January 9th - LSC Meeting @ 7:45 a.m.
· Basketball season opens when we return with practices starting on January 8th.
Here are additional January dates to know:
1/15 - No SCHOOL in honor of the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday
1/16 - FOB meeting @ 5pm
1/18 - BAC and PAC Meetings starting @ 8:30a.m.
1/19 - FOB Mother & Son Dance @ 6:00 p.m.
Here’s to a healthy and prosperous new year, and looking forward to seeing everyone back on Monday :)
Naomi Nakayama, Principal
Budlong Elementary School
Due to an all staff professional development session, there will be no After School Programs on:
Monday, December 4, 2017
Remember, the first semester after school programs end on December 21st. Applications for the second semester will go home in January. Second semester programs begin February 5th.
School tours take place every fourth Thursday of the month at 9:00 a.m.